Friday, April 16, 2010

Remains of the Day

I really wanted to show you the meal that I created in anticipation of the return of my love. Sue has been gone this past week to Texas and Louisiana visiting colleges so that she can write descriptors that will entice naïve high school seniors to leave their comfortable, known lives and risk four or more years living with strangers. I missed her.

So, in anticipation, I perused the hallowed aisles of the New Pioneer Coop in Coralville, Iowa and selected the ingredients that would suggest to her there would be no risk in spending the rest of her life with me.

Of course I chose a Tapas theme. Olives with wedges of pecorino reggiano cheese, a spinach salad with fresh strawberry vinaigrette, tournedos of honey-glazed pork tenderloin accompanied by an assortment of heirloom cherry tomatoes drizzled with olive oil and shredded parmesan, sea scallops with roasted red peppers, and a nice Tinto wine from Spain.

I really wanted to show you the meal but Sue had the camera and in the excitement of seeing her all was forgotten until the meal and each other were devoured.

No comments:

Post a Comment